Thank you for choosing Picket Fence Crafts for your custom collage! Here are some tips to help you when gathering photos (if you have not already sent them), as well as some other important information regarding your purchase.
Please send 13 essential photos and 13 optional photos for a 13” piece. (one letter/number)
Please send 15 essential photos and 15 optional photos for a 15.5” piece. (one letter/number)
· Please rename your photos letting me know if the photo is optional or essential, who is in the photo, and if you want the background to remain intact. If your photos are not labeled, I will take liberty in choosing the photos that work best in the collage, as well as removing backgrounds if necessary to build a cohesive work of art.
· Photos that are completely washed out cannot be restored. Photos that are blurry can only be sharpened to a small degree. However, I will make every effort to work with the photos you send me. If you want more than the recommended essential photos, the quality of the piece may be diminished.
· You can’t go wrong with a Black and White Collage. B&W works well with just about any type of photo. Color Collages work best for photos that are from the same event with similar lighting such as a wedding, or photos that have been taken with the last 10 years. Sepia Collages are very similar to black and white but with brownish/red old fashioned overtones. Vintage photos do not reproduce well in color. Sepia or Black and White work best for vintage. A Color Splash collage is mainly black and white with a few splashes of color. Color Splash works well when you want to incorporate color, but your photos are not the best quality.
· I will build your collage from top to bottom, arranging and organizing as I go. Many times my original layout changes as I come up with better ideas, or want to incorporate a different photo. For this reason, it is difficult to give you a preview prior to completion. If I did, it would limit my creativity and my pieces would look stiff and pre-planned. I will, however, send you a preview photo of the final product if you request it.
· The address provided on your sale is the address your collage will be sent to. Please double check this address to make sure it is the correct one.
· Once I receive all of your photos, I will confirm your projected shipping date. All collages are shipped priority USPS and take approximately 2-3 days for delivery if it is domestic. International shipments can take 2 or more weeks if shipped priority. Your collage will ship on the date promised.
· Once your collage is shipped, you will receive notification so that you can track your package.
· The completed collages are ready to hang. The best method of hanging is with heavy duty Velcro Strips. Velcro strips are not included.
· If you have not already done so, please review my policies.
That’s it! I look forward to creating a memorable collage for you that will tell your story!